Sunday, December 16, 2007

My Butterfly




As I wandered through those fenced in fields
among those flowers, you're almost concealed

I wrap my fingers carefully around
you don't know I'm there, I didn't make a sound

No matter how soft I am, I bruise your light wings
not knowing the damage, a song I sing

Caged in my grip, you start to worry
you start to cry and your vision gets blurry

You don't know where you're flying now
wings can only fly as my grip will allow

Starting to realize you were meant to fly
your spirit slowly starts to die

If only you'd known I was on my way
you'd have turned around and flown away

If only your screams I could hear
those fences never would have disappeared

But I watched you go with only a sigh
you're long gone now,
My Butterfly

1 comments:

PemPeNeyNo AnEsThEyShiYa said...

gova genna ma alun buterfly.. ;p kidding.. nice work!